Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Poor Jace!

So apparently we aren't finished with injuries at our house. First my foot, then Dallon's arm, now poor little Jace. Yesterday we started our first fire in the wood stove, and although Jace acted like he understood that it was hot and dangerous (he would walk wide around the area, and seemed cautious) he ended up touching it anyway. I'm guessing he tried to put a toy on the top of it, and burned both wrists and the palm of one hand. I was a wreck trying to find all of the "hurts" and he fought against all of the first aid I tried to do for him. He wouldn't stop rubbing his burns on anything and everything and cried constantly for an hour. I broke down, called Chris, and we were lucky enough that the Dr in our ward was still at his office and was willing to see us at 5pm so we didn't have to wait 2 hours at the urgent care clinic or the ER. By the time Chris got there, Jace had already popped some of the blisters with his rubbing--so we were glad we didn't have to wait forever to get him into a Dr. He fought the bandaging really hard, but once they were on he seemed like he understood they made him feel better. These are pictures from this morning, he seems content to keep his bandages on and has been smiley and happy since we got back from the Dr yesterday. We go again today to have them look at the burns and cut away any extra skin so Jace won't pull it off and make things worse. I'm hoping he'll keep those bandages on until this afternoon when we go in.

2 comments:

Colton, Whitney, Andee, and Paxton said...

Oh my gosh Lacey...that's scary. I hope his wrists will heal up well.

Arvidson said...

He'll be fine, only a little scarring. He's already somewhat forgotten about it...I'm the one who's still traumatized!