Monday, May 25, 2009

Conner Paul Arvidson

Introducing Conner Paul Arvidson

Born May 21, 2009 at 1:01pm

7 lbs 14 oz 21.25 inches long

Conner has finally arrived! He is doing great. He's gaining weight, eating and sleeping well, and has all of his fingers and toes :) We went into the hospital on Wednesday night, and on Thursday morning the Dr. helped him along by breaking my water. We had a very uneventful labor and delivery, which is always a good thing.


Dallon and Jace came to the hospital and met their little brother later that evening. I don't think they fully understood what had happened, but they seemed very excited about the baby. The boys spent their time during the day playing with Grandma and Grandpa who came over from Forest Grove for the weekend to keep an eye on them for us. They had a great time going to their school party, visiting the Children's Museum in Pendleton, and seeing the replica pirate ships docked in the Columbia River.



We came home on Saturday afternoon. The boys had made a birthday cake for Conner with Grandma. They were excited to see me at home. I was worried that Jace would be jealous of the new baby and not want me to hold him. I was surprised that he would get angry and protective of Conner when anyone else held him. He says its mommy's baby and demands that they give him back to me.

Bianca is obsessed with the smell of the new baby. She checks out everything that is his.

Conner reminds me so much of Dallon, only blonder. He is very alert when he is awake. I caught him wide eyed last night and got a few pictures of his cute little face. I'm hoping he is blonde and brown-eyed (then I won't be the only brown-eyed one in the family). He is very sweet, and doesn't need to be held to fall asleep. He's very calm and has been very tolerant of the noise in the house.

Jace has been trying out the baby things. This little dome was a little small for him, but he thought it was fun.




No comments: