Thursday, May 15, 2008

Summer is coming a little sooner than expected

Dallon's teacher informed me today that they will be ending class a week earlier than originally planned. I guess the decision came from her boss, and it sounds like the teachers are not impressed with the decision. We should be receiving a letter explaining why they are ending early, but it sounded like the explanation will be pretty weak. Its only 3 more days of class, why end early? I don't understand a LOT of things that go on here.
So I guess its somewhat good news, since I'll be able to get started with potty training a little earlier. I've got all the supplies I think I'll need, I just need some time to implement the plan.
Chris' schedule for the summer is kind of up in the air right now. Originally he was supposed to change to 7 days on 7 days off (alternating night and day shifts). Then they were talking about doing 4 days on 4 days off alternating day and night. Then they decided they liked a 4 on 4 off shift where the first 2 days were day shifts, and the next 2 days were nights followed by 4 days off. The problem is that they may not have enough people to fill all of the shifts that way. They need at least 4 people on shift work at all times this way, before they only needed 2. So we'll see how it plays out. They're suppose to start the new schedule the 2nd week of June.
Jace is starting to talk with a lot more clarity. I knew he was saying a lot of words, I just couldn't figure most of them out. Now that he's starting to enunciate, I am catching on. He says "thank you" all day long, for everything--hope those manners continue through these next couple of years! He says Dallon, but it sounded like Daddy for a long time. He's also copying a lot of phrases. Like on our way out of the elevator to go to speech therapy I said,"Let's go this way" and Jace chimed right in saying it in his sing-song little way.
Hope all is well with everyone!
Have fun this Memorial Day if you can!

No comments: