Thursday, April 9, 2009

To Conner from Mommy

So I decided to make something special for Conner, and I chose this crazy quilt. Unfortunately it turned out more yellow than I had originally intended (I thought the circles would "cancel out" more of the yellow than they actually did), but it is still very cute and was fun to make. Here are some pictures of it at different points during the process of making it.
Basic layout before any stitching......

All stitched together with hand embroideries done (click on the picture to see it larger for more detail)....

The finished quilt after washing all of the pencil marks off. I'm pretty new to actual quilting (as opposed to tying quilts) I used my machine to quilt it, and it took some practice before I was feeling confident that it would look OK.

I should have used the blue material I used for the backing instead of all of the yellow, but its too late now. I do like it, and I'm excited to put it to good use on our new bundle of joy.

1 comment:

Stamper Family said...

Great job, Lacey!! It turned out really cute. I've been thinking about making a quilt for Deshka, but it's going to wait until we get some more stuff done on the house and until we get their bunkbeds made.