Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Happy 10th Anniversary!!!

It is amazing to me that we have already been married for 10 years, it does not seem that long ago. I was trying the other day to remember what it was like before I had Chris around--and I truly could not remember. We've been together 12 of our 30 years of life, so I guess that could explain it. I look around and see other relationships that seem like so much work, and am so thankful that ours has been relatively easy (not that life has been that easy, but staying close to each other has not been much of a challenge at all).
I'm sure the next 10 years will go by with surprising speed, and we'll find ourselves looking back on 10 more years of life that will have challenged us--but I'm sure we will still be just as close if not closer by then. Happy Anniversary Chris! I love you and need you more everyday, and I could not have asked for a better companion to share this life and on into eternity.

I didn't get much of a chance on our anniversary to post much, but I did get the little tribute to my marriage up just before midnight on our anniversary. Now I want to add a little more and let you all know what we did to commemorate it. The weekend before the big day (which fell on a Wednesday) we went to the Portland area. My cousin Rachel was having a reception that weekend--and since I had 3 cousins and my sister getting married this summer, I was glad I got a chance to get to at least one of my cousins' receptions! We dropped off the kids in Forest Grove with Grandma and Grandpa, then headed south to Woodburn.
(Conner, Rachel, and me at the reception)
(Conner and Daddy at the reception)
After the reception (which was lovely! Rachel looked so beautiful and very happy) we headed to Lake Oswego to have a fancy dinner and to drop by the Portland Temple. We were too late to visit inside the gates, but this temple is so beautiful--and it has a lot of significance for us. We visited this temple nearly once and month together with our small singles branch before we got married.


On Wednesday, Chris came home from Baker a couple of days early, and we just spent the night together eating take out and watching a movie. We've been so very blessed over the years, and we have so much to be thankful for today.

1 comment:

Stamper Family said...

Happy Anniversary!!! Bruce and I will celebrate 10 years next month and I have to agree whole heartedly with everything you said. In this world we live in, 10 years is a great accomplishment!! Here's to defying the odds and loving every minute of it!!