Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Application Accepted

4 Paws had been trying to contact me for a couple of days, and I'd call them back, then they'd call me back, and we just played tag for a while. Then this afternoon we finally connected, and they gave me the news that our application has been accepted. Then she did a quick interview with me about what we would like the dog to be able to do. Then after we determined the skill set we needed, she gave me the amount we need to fund raise. It was $13,000! I hope we can get it raised. In a week or so I will receive the final packet with signature forms to officially "activate" our application. Then we can officially begin fund-raising.
If anyone has any ideas for fund-raising (organizations, grants, etc) let us know so we can apply for as many as possible as quickly as possible. After we have raised the funds, they will select a dog for us. Depending on how far along in training our dog is, it could take as much as 9 months before we would actually go to Ohio for training. So time is of the essence for our fund-raising. I really want Dallon to have some long-term practice with his dog before he enters kindergarten in 2009.
Thanks for all of the support we receive from all of our loved ones. We'll post all of the information for making donations on our blog for anyone to see.

No comments: