Monday, February 4, 2008

Snow Days


I cannot believe how much snow we've gotten this year. And it has been quite the adventure. On Jan 26 we had a bad ice storm, followed by over 6 inches of falling snow. It was really slick for several days--but it was soooo beautiful. We went out on Sunday evening and played in the newly fallen snow.
I did had one really bad morning when I couldn't get the truck out of where it was parked because of the ice. Then I came home in between my gym class and picking up Dallon from school, and as I was about to run into the house to change into some jeans, my truck was actually sliding down the driveway into the street (we have a steep driveway) with Jace in it! I freaked out and it stopped as soon as it hit the dry gravelled pavement. Then I re-parked in the snow bank in front of the house, when I came back out I slipped on some ice and landed almost flat on my back on the sidewalk next to my pickup. Then I was stuck in the snow bank for a bit before I finally got on my way to pick up Dallon. If you're wondering, the stores were sold completely out of ice melt by this time so we just had to buck up and deal with it. We still have some snow and ice, and it snowed some more yesterday, but its warmer and we don't have a thick sheet of ice anymore.
This is an art creation Dallon made at school. I thought it was beautiful--thought I would share it.

This is the new bedroom set Chris bought me for Christmas--I love it, its so rustic and beautiful. It is a 5 piece set with headboard, night stands, dresser, and linen chest.

We are generally doing really well right now. We've been busy and a little stressed with some issues, but everyone has been pretty healthy and we have much to be thankful for heading into 2008 strong.

No comments: