Friday, May 21, 2010

Happy 1st Birthday Baby Conner!!

On May 21, 2010 Conner had his first birthday...I'm still a little shocked that it has already come and gone. What a year we had! On the 19th I took him for his 1 year dr visit. He was almost the same weight (22 lbs) but had shot up in height, 31 inches (85th percentile). He was really unhappy about the shots--and so was I, so hard to watch cry.
I made Conner's cake, and I had to be creative with what I had in the house. I knew he would like Mickey (I don't know why but he loves that Mickey Mouse!) so I just made it work with what I had. I went for a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Toodles look. I don't know if I really pulled it off, but they looked pretty good considering.

I made two cakes, one for Conner, and one for the rest of us.

We went to dinner at our favorite pizza place (Primo's in La Grande). Their salad bar is great, the pizza is whatever you want, and Conner loves their pasta salad. [sorry about the side ways picture again]

We actually did cake and gifts on Saturday morning. (We were having a rough Friday night--teething and whatnot). There is his big Mickey from Charlie and Sally.

Waiting patiently, not really getting what's going on.

What a good little boy, not trying to peek into the gift bags like his brother there!

More Mickey stuff! Notice the Mickey ears on Dallon and Jace.

These are from Grandpa Mark and Grandma Cindy--Lightening McQueen and anything CARS is always popular at our house. He especially loves the cup as you can see :)

Dallon beating Conner to the candle. (Yes my hair is wet in this picture, it's actually like 7:30am.)

Yum! That looks sugary!

No comments: