Saturday, May 1, 2010

Long Overdue and New Family Member

We've been busy with life, and this blog hasn't been a top priority for a while. I'll have to work on that. I've been neglecting my camera as well. So yesterday I took advantage of the opportunity to take some nice pictures of the boys and Chris' new horse. Chris has wanted a horse since he was a teenager, and he has been thrilled that we found a nice 10-year-old buckskin gelding. All three boys love to watch the horse (who we sometimes call Buddy or Bucky or Horse, whatever comes to mind--he really needs a name). Last night they got all cowboyed up and went outside. Chris rode a little while the two boys watched from the fences. It was perfect for some nice pictures.



Chris and his new best friend.

Jace watching from the stands.


We have a few trees/shrubs that are flowering. I decided to take a few pictures while I had my camera out, and play with them a little.

Yesterday we went to town and finally went to the Baker Heritage Museum. We were afraid that the boys wouldn't enjoy it, but they did great and seemed to enjoy it a lot. It was a great museum, and I'm excited to go back. For the last month or so Chris has been working a lot of overtime. He did a couple of 70 hour weeks, which were really hard on all of us. It was wonderful to have him home with us yesterday so we could go out and have fun together, it was a great day.

Conner will be having his first birthday in 3 weeks, and I've got to figure out what we'll do for him. I can't believe how the time has flown! Generally things are going well, and I'm making some great plans for summer vacation so we won't just drive each other crazy all summer long :) Hope we'll get a few chances to make some visits to family and friends, and you're always welcome to come to Baker, too!

No comments: